CLT (Central Location Test)
Swift gathering of market feedback
A survey method where you ask the survey subjects to come to the venue where you conduct the questionnaire or interview. Suitable when you want to let them take a look or try out the product before evaluating it, or when you want to conduct a survey which is highly confidential.
INTAGE’s CLT coordinates the venue and the subject precisely and appropriately in tune with the theme, delivering the opinions of consumers and helping you with your decision-making. It’s also possible to provide services more quickly by using our own monitors as well as smartphones/tablet devices.
You can gather suggestions and indications for product development and improvements through the target consumers’ genuine responses when they actually “see,” “touch and use,” and “eat or drink” the product.
Characteristics of the CLT (venue test)
Our own spacious venue where you can also use the mock shelves
It’s possible to obtain a similar evaluation to the one you would get at the time of actual shopping by reproducing the in-store display conditions using mock shelves at our own spacious venue.
Since it’s a spacious and comfortable space, it’s also suitable for larger exhibition items
We can also cater for CLT at our West Japan Office
* Apart from the above, we have a dedicated CLT (venue test) room in Ikebukuro (operated by INTAGE Research Inc.) in Tokyo metropolitan area. Since it’s located on a busy street, it’s possible to recruit subjects with a variety of different attributes off the street.
Operations based on a wealth of experience
Our experienced investigators reliably control the test conditions. We can deal with a range of operations from those in which a speedy implementation is more important to more complicated and advanced operations.
Coordinate the venue and environment appropriately according to the theme
Since we know the condition of the venue and the traffic in Tokyo very well, we can coordinate the venue and the environment in accordance with the specific theme which allows us to provide high quality data in a short period of time.
Measurements beyond questionnaires and interviews
It’s possible to take measurements which go further than questionnaires and interviews such as eye tracking, Neuro Research, and facial expression analysis.
How and when you would use the CLT (venue test)
- We would like them to evaluate the taste of the product we are currently developing in comparison with an existing product
- We would like them to evaluate the ease of use by actually using and trying the product
- We would like them to take a look at our new TV advertisement and/or poster and evaluate it
- We would like to check if our new product or new package has the capability to be picked up and purchased in the store, and so on
Our original optional service “Smartphone CLT”
Satisfies needs such as “We would like to carry out a venue test simply and immediately”
Taking advantage of INTAGE’s online research monitor “Cue Monitor®,” we provide a basic venue test at a reasonable cost.
- As the survey respondents themselves will come to the venue after booking the date & time on the “Screening Survey” screen, it’s possible to recruit the subjects quickly at low cost.
- Since the subjects themselves provide answers to the questions at the venue using their smartphone, the burden of answering is not too much, making it possible for them to answer even open-ended questions.
- The answers are published on Lyche®-Web instantly. As there is no need to input any data, it’s possible to check the results of the data processing very quickly.
- Since we use online research monitor, it’s possible to easily carry out follow-up surveys of the same subjects after the venue test.
We propose the sort of marketing research that can deal with your company's challenges.
Please feel free to contact us. The relevant team member will get in touch with you.
Services recommended for those viewing this page
Focus Group Interview (FGI) | In-Depth Interview
A qualitative research method where we have round-table discussions or one-to-one interviews depending on the purpose of the research. We also offer a variety of modern facilities for you to listen to the voices of real consumers or observe them live.
Eye Tracking Survey
Visual information is directly linked with purchasing decisions and consumer’s thinking. By quantitatively measuring the eyesight movements and understanding them using an easy-to-see output, we make it possible for you to brush up your marketing measures.
Advertisement creativity assessment using facial analysis: Facial Compass
By checking the emotional response of viewers/listeners when they are exposed to the advertisement, i.e. what they have received and how, by way of facial expression analysis and checking how that affects their attitude afterwards by way of questionnaire, we allow you to evaluate the advertisement from multiple angles.