Interviews via webcams and smartphones
The remote interview is a type of interview which uses a computer-based WEB camera.
As you don’t have to ask the subject to come to the venue, you can easily conduct an interview even with people who live in remote areas. In addition, by using a smartphone, you can do a virtual tour of the respondent’s home asking them to show you around their place.
It’s possible to easily obtain qualitative information which is useful for working out a hypothesis or backing up quantitative data.
Since you will become familiar with “real information” from consumers, you can take advantage of it for measures.
Characteristics of the remote interview
You can conduct an interview with people who live in country areas
- Since you don’t have to travel, you can conduct interviews in a number of different places in one day, for example, in “Tokyo,” “Osaka,” “Fukuoka,” and so on.
- You can also conduct an interview with households overseas. *You need to confirm the system environment.
You can conduct interviews with people who have difficulties going out
- Since they can participate from home, you can conduct interviews with people who would be difficult to come to the venue, for example, a mother with an infant or child/children.
- In addition, you can conduct interviews during a time slot when it would normally be difficult to ask them to participate, for example, right after they come home from work.
- It’s also possible to conduct an interview with a husband and wife, parents and children, and so on.
It’s easy to share the content and results of the interview within your company
- You can conduct the interview while staying in your office. Interviews can be conducted with a large number of people or at a remote office.
- By engaging participants from various departments and positions, you can extract insights from multiple points of view.
You can extract these insights in combination with various other methods
- By combining with quantitative research and/or home use testing, you can further explore the issues more effectively.
- It’s possible to get in touch with the same subject a number of times. As a rapport forms with the interviewer, you can obtain a deeper understanding.
By interviewing at the place where they live, you can obtain a deeper understanding
- Since the interview is conducted at home but without an interviewer actually visiting their home, they can participate in the interview in a more relaxed manner, which helps them speak more freely.
- You can ask respondents to move around the kitchen, bathroom, and so on, and ask questions about the product while allowing them to remember how they used it so that you can go into more detail.
You can conduct it inexpensively and quickly
- It’s possible to conduct the interview as quickly as seven business days after the subject/interviewee has been finalized.
- Compared with a face-to-face interview, fees and venue related costs are lower; in addition, you can save transportation cost compared with visiting.
The standard interview uses a computer-based WEB camera; however, as an option, we also offer a smartphone-based interview.
|Length of interview||One hour or so for each subject|
|Number of interviewees||Around 1-10 * Only caters for in-depth interviews|
|Monitor used||Cue Monitor|
|Implementation timeframe||To be conducted two weeks or so after the order|
Smartphone-Based Remote Interview (Optional)
Interview with a person who lives in a country area
By switching the device on the respondent-side to a smartphone, it’s possible to conduct the interview while moving around different places such as the bathroom, kitchen, and outdoor area.
Flow of service provision
Confirmation of the Client
Formal request (telephone)
Pre-interview preparation [sending out equipment & checking the connection]
Actual implementation of the remote interview
Delivery of the interview video clip
Delivery of the report
The time between “STEP-2 SCR/Recruit (WEB)” and “STEP-5 Actual implementation of the remote interview”: Approximately two weeks
We propose the sort of marketing research that can deal with your company's challenges.
Please feel free to contact us. The relevant team member will get in touch with you.
Services recommended for those viewing this page
Remote Behavior Observation
We identify the insight hidden behind the unconscious behavior of the target through online observation and interviews.
Focus Group Interview (FGI) | In-Depth Interview
A qualitative research method where we have round-table discussions or one-to-one interviews depending on the purpose of the research. We also offer a variety of modern facilities for you to listen to the voices of real consumers or observe them live.
In this survey method we mail survey sheets to survey subjects to answer and send them back at their own convenience. A massive number of survey respondents are employed, approximately 210,000 consumers nationwide with high response rates of over 80%, making this method suitable for gathering opinions on a wide range of attributes including those of the older generation.